Note This stuff is old and has nearly nothing to do with the game anymore. Just experimentation

This blog has been quiet for the last two weeks for all the usual reasons, both personal and development related. The number one reason for stagnation was certain portions of my game's "architecture". It was a problem as old as time:

Code that was written in a flurry of experimentation had somehow become production code. Consequently new features were horrifically slow or impossible to implement.

So I rebuilt the world-building system, the pulse transferring system and the way game data is saved and loaded. In effect I took 10 steps back to start moving forward.

The good news is that the refactor is done and gameplay features are moving forward quite quickly.

More on the new features soon...